Friday, February 6, 2009

8th day of CNY

In the chinese tradition, on the 8th day (which is exactly on 12 am, 3rd of feb) of chinese new year (CNY), chinese have to pray to the sky God. I blogged this late cos i'm in KL now, ntg much to do during the free days here. XD Is kinda bored cos the internet here sux and no online games >,< (mainly DOTA)

Anyway, before the 8th day, the night on the 7th day, I helped them (my family, dad's side) to prepare the praying ceremony. Here are some random pics after the preparation. =P

better view for the food prepare for the Gods,

front view from the road

side view, can see my old aunt =D

Here's a solid proof I was there helping XD

I was helping to burn the josstick

Not just food, we have to prepare some golden papers to be burned. The pics I took is from start, fold the papers into a certain pattern, and stack them into a mountain

kinda low at 1st,

getting higher,

it is at its highest, around 1 meter high,

nice paper pineapple, I wonder how its made? XD this is the final touch for the mountain,2 pineapples.

here u go, though i'm not sure whats the reason for burning the papers, I should ask. It took us 1 hr to build this mountain.

Then all our effort pays off, by burning them =D

Again this pics are taken from start till the end,

getting heaty,

fire is so intense that i can only take from a distance, (hey 1 of the pineapple dropped!)

the finishing stage,

ashes remain.

Well the next time I blog will b about my 1st meet up with frenz from AIMST, and we went paintball (which was yesterday, 5th of feb). Will blog when i have the complete set of photos  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment